- Route Malham – Janet’s Foss – Gordale Scar – Malham Cove – Malham
- Distance 6.9 miles
- Duration 5 hours 10 mins
- Getting there Train to Skipton and then 75 DalesBus
- Weather Warm and sunny
Why this route?
- We did this a few weeks ago, and thought the kids would enjoy it. Also, for most of the last month my choice has been walking or talking, but not both, so I wanted something gentle to ease me back into the swing of things.
What did we learn?
- Take towels when going out with the kids in summer so they can paddle.
- Hay-meadows the likes of which I have only dreamed of. A veritable sea of yellow.
- The dry winter and spring made the far side of Janet’s Foss accessible, providing excellent opportunities for exploring caves.
- Gordale Scar never ceases to be majestic.