So having just posted about walking with diabetes, this post is the last walk before the “healthy” one of us had her ass kicked by a chest infection. That would explain why this walk got aborted.
- Route Burnsall – Parcevall Hall – Burnsall
- Distance 10.38 miles
- Duration 5 hours 20 mins
- Getting there Dalesbus to Burnsall
- Weather Warm, with occasional rain
Why this route?
- The original plan was to go to Grimwith Reservoir, then Trollers Gill, then back to Burnsall. Then I noticed Parcevall Hall on the map and though it would be worth visiting, so I ditched Grimwith. On the day, neither TOH nor myself were feeling it and every step was like lead, so we couldn’t face the Gill, and plodded back the way we came.
What did we learn?
- ViewRanger’s GPS positioning isn’t great. It has me levitating across the Wharfe on a number of occasions, and for a route which was identical both directions, shows a fair amount of variation.
- Birds everywhere!