- Route Horton in Ribblesdale – Pen-Y-Ghent – Plover Hill – Hull Pot – Horton in Ribblesdale
- Distance 10.35 miles
- Duration 7hrs 33 mins
- Getting there Train to Horton in Ribblesdale
- Weather Glorious baking hot sun in the morning. Then the clouds descended and absolutely freezing.
Why this route?
- Pen-Y-Ghent is on my 2017 goals list. Knowing how popular the Three Peaks are, we’re also trying to knock them off out of season, or at least not on a weekend in season.
What did we learn?
- I really should read the contour lines.
- First lambs of 2017!
- First walk with sunglasses and sun tan lotion of 2017.
- First mountain this year. So good to be up high again, even if the clouds did come down.
- Coming up to the scrambles on Pen-Y-Ghent and realising why some translate at it as “Hill of the Winds”. The sounds was incredible.
- Constant birdsong.
- Watching the dogs on the route.
- I loved the scramble up Pen-Y-Ghent. TOH not so much. Like, at all.
- Picnic at the summit.
- Hull Pot.
- Buttered tea cakes at the Pen-Y-Ghent cafe.