- Route Grindleford, Padley Gorge, Longshaw Estate, Burbage South, Higger Tor (cutting across in front of Carl Wark Fort), Winyards Nick, Over Owler Tor, Mother Cap, Padley Gorge, Grindleford.
- Distance 6.31 miles
- Duration 6hrs
- Getting there Train to Grindleford, splitting at Sheffield
- Weather Warm, bright and sunny.
Why this route?
- We did part of this walk a week or so ago, and knew that the kids would love it. Woods, rocks, and not that much ascent.
What did we learn?
- Extremely happy children who wrung every ounce of pleasure to be had out of the day, which explains why we barely hit 1mph.
- Child number two wanted a photo of her on every single rock. The rocks won that one.