- Route Grindleford, Padley Gorge, Longshaw Estate, Burbage Rocks, Stanage Edge, Bamford
- Distance 13.73 miles
- Duration 7hrs 30 mins
- Getting there Train from Leeds to Grindleford via Sheffield, then train back from Bamford. Bought a return from Leeds to Sheffield and one from Sheffield to Bamford.
- Weather Overcast but warm.
Why this route?
- Yet another weekend with rain north of Skipton. Come on rain, cut me a break. Why are you gloriously sunny all week in the office?
- I fancied some good quality rock experience.
What did we learn?
- Just because a path is marked doesn’t mean it exists.
- Daffodils coming out!
- Padley Gorge and its lovely deciduous woodland.
- The view out across the moor at the top of the Gorge.
- Views of Higger Tor and Carl Wark Fort
- Stanage Edge
- First grouse seen this year, although that probably reflects us not having been out on the moors since November.