- Route Burnsall – Loup Scar – Linton Falls – Grassington – Conistone Pie – Swineber Scar – Kettlewell
- Distance 9.5 miles
- Duration 4 hrs 37 mins
- Getting there 874 from Leeds with a Freedom Rover ticket
- Weather Distinctly spring-like.
Why this route?
- One of my goals for this year is to section-walk some of the nearby long-distance paths, of which the Dales Way is one.
- The forecast was better for Sunday than Saturday, and getting to Kettlewell is a lot easier on a Sunday.
- I was vaguely hoping that despite Saturday’s rain, the quick-draining limestone wouldn’t be too muddy. I was wrong.
- The Riverbank Coffee Hut at Burnsall does fantastic Fat Boys.
What did we learn?
- The Riverbank Coffee Hut now also has an amazing brazier. The King’s Head in Kettlewell has a great fire.
- Loup Scar. Shining white in the sun.
- The suspension bridge between Burnsall and Linton – every so slightly terrifying to walk across.
- Linton Falls, always.
- Sheepfolds above Grassington, built on the remains of medieval villages. Layers upon layers of history.
- The view down Conistone Dib.
- Conistone Pie.