They say that if you want to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans, but I shall tempt fate:
- Child number one wants to visit Hadrian’s wall
- Child number two would probably not be averse to climbing the remaining Three Peaks: Pen-y-Ghent and Ingleborough.
- TOH wants to go to Kendal to revisit childhood memories
- I want to do some overnights where we walk from A to B and then to C, partly to visit the places that are too much hassle to get to normally, and partly to build up stamina by walking on consecutive days and doing walks where the length isn’t determined by the arrival and departure of the bus.
- I would like to day-walk various sections of the Pennine Way, Dales Way, and Dales High Way.
- I would like to get up to Northumberland, do some walking in the Cheviots, and see the dark skies.
- We have to visit Malham, although preferably not at the same time as everybody else.