- Route St Mawes – St Just in Roseland – St Mawes
- Distance 5.58m
- Duration 4 hrs
- Getting there Ferry to St Mawes
- Weather Warm Westcountry winter day!
Why this route?
- An opportunity to get the St Mawes Ferry and revisit the holidays of my youth.
- Also, we both had colds so this was about as far and as challenging as we were going to get without falling over.
What did we learn?
- Nowt about walking, but it’s amazing how effective an hourly ferry is as part of an integrated transport system along the coast.
- Views of the docks on the ferry over. In addition to a couple of navy vessels there were also a number of offshore drilling vessels in dock.
- St Mawes Castle
- St Just in Roseland – this is the first time I’ve seen a medieval church surrounded by palm trees in the UK. It also has some fairly old wall paintings.
- Amazingly tame robin at St Just. We were sitting having a cuppa at St Just’s Pool when a robin hopped up onto the bench next to us, then hopped up onto the backpack.