- Route Ribblehead Station – Ribblehead Viaduct – Force Gill – Summit – The Scar
- Distance 8m
- Duration 6hrs
- Getting there Settle to Carlisle Line with a Day Ranger ticket.
- Weather Initially sunny but very windy from 500m. Very hazy.
Why this route?
- A mountain, per request.
- Clearly marked path.
- Rather scrambly downhill.
- A squeeze style to squeeze through.
- Plenty of streams to step through at the start of the walk.
What did we learn?
- That I am totally not paranoid in carrying every layer possible. We sweated our way along Blue Clay Ridge and I felt foolish as people sped past us armed with just a water bottle, but when we got to Grain Head and the temperature plummeted I felt utterly vindicated.
- To find out when a late train will arrive at Ribblehead you still have to call the signal box using the phone on the platform.
- As before but this time watching the paragliders.