- Route White Wells – Swastika Stone – Addingham High Moor – Shepherds Hill – West Buck Stones – East Buck Stones – Cowper’s Cross – Roman Road – Spicey Gill – Wicken Tree Crag
- Distance 9.7m
- Duration 5hrs 15 mins
- Getting there Train to Ilkley
- Weather Glorious autumn day.
Why this route?
- We were in search of a child-friendly route for half-term. Week-day buses into the Dales outside the summer season are fairly limited, whereas trains to Ilkley are not.
What did we learn?
- A very pleasant Sunday walk for us as adults, but probably not exciting enough for the small people. Incorporates a muddy section not suitable for small people with small legs and without the full waterproofing gear.
- I need to start photocopying key map pages. A full active OS map is too unwieldy for a simple stroll!
- No wow moments on this walk, but a delight to see a different section of Rombalds Moor, particularly without the crowds that swarm on the main route.